At Leisureandtrip.com, we take online privacy seriously, and we respect the concerns of our community of users.
Understanding How Information Is Collected:
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personal data, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
You also may choose to provide personal data about yourself when you participate in discussions on the Site. Please be aware that information you post may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site; therefore you should avoid posting sensitive or personal data that you would not want to be available to the public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit LnT
When you access the Site, our third-party partners and we may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
To manage our automatic data collection, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, Leisureandtrip.com is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons), also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on Leisureandtrip.com for various purposes, including the purposes listed below.
For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to the information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf.
Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation) In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
Data Retention and Access
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes it was retained, such as enabling you to use the Website and your products or provide services to you.
In some instances, we may retain data for longer periods in order to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise, as necessary to allow us to conduct our business.
You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. In order to make such a request of us, please email us at email@example.com.
Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter.
Disabling local shared objects. We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies.
Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click here for details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.
Please note that you will continue to see advertisements, but such advertisements will no longer be tailored to your interests.
How We Protect Personal Data.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. That said, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website, including this Site. If you have a data security inquiry, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links From Leisure and trip to Other Websites
On this Site, we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, privacy policies, or any other aspects of websites that we do not own or control.
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete any such information.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Your personal data may be stored, transferred and process in and to the United States and in other countries by our affiliates and/or service providers. The data protection laws in these countries may provide a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country of residence. We take great care in protecting your personal data and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally. We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately secured by any third party that will access your information (for instance, by using the Model Clauses as approved by the European Commission).
If you have questions or wish to obtain more information about the international transfer of your personal data or the implemented safeguards, please send us an email to email@example.com.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this policy or about our privacy practices, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident inquiring about your California privacy rights, please include “California privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area inquiring about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please include “GDPR privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
California Privacy Notice
This California Consumer Act Privacy Notice (“CCPA Notice”) applies to “Consumers” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
For the purpose of this CCPA Notice, personal information applies to “Personal Information” as defined by the CCPA (also referred to herein as “PI”).
We collect and share the following categories of PI from the corresponding sources and for the corresponding purposes set forth in the table below.
|Category of Personal Information||Sources of Personal Information||Purposes for Collection||Categories of Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared||Purposes of Third Parties Receiving PI|
|1. Identifiers and Personal Records
(e.g., email address, name, address, IP address, credit card number)
|Directly from you; your devices; Vendors||Performing Services;
Processing and managing interactions and transactions;
Quality Assurance; security; debugging; marketing
|Vendors which assist us in providing services and running our internal business operations (“Vendors”); Data Analytics Partners; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf;
Processing and managing interactions and transactions; performing services;
Quality Assurance; security; debugging
|2. Customer Acct. Details/Commercial Information
(e.g., details of your use of our service)
|You; your devices; Vendors||Performing Services;
Research and development; quality assurance; security; debugging; and marketing
|Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging|
|3. Internet Usage Information (e.g., information regarding your interaction with our services)||You; your devices; Data Analytics Partners; Vendors||Research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging||Partners; Vendors; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; Research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging|
|4. Inferences (e.g., your preferences, likelihood of interest in certain of our services)||Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Advertising Networks||Research and development; quality assurance; and marketing||Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Advertising Networks; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; research and development; quality assurance; marketing|
Some browsers have signals that may be characterized as do not track signals, but we do not understand them to operate in that manner or to indicate a do not sell expression by you, so we currently do not recognize these as a do not sell request. We understand that various parties are developing do not sell signals and we may recognize certain such signals if we conclude such a program is appropriate.
California Consumers have the right to exercise the privacy rights under the CCPA. California Consumers may exercise these rights via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of the CCPA. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”). We will not fulfill your CCPA request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the Consumer about whom we collected PI. In order to verify your identity, we will send you an email to the email address that you provide to us, and you must take action as described in our email. This will enable us to verify that the person who made the request controls and has access to the email address associated with the request. We will check our systems for the email address that you provide, and any information associated with such email address. If you provide us with an email address that has not been used to interact with us, then we will not be able to verify your identity. In other words, the only reasonable method by which we may verify the identity of individuals is if we have an email address on file that was provided to us in relation to our services. We will be unable to fulfill your request if we cannot verify your identity.
Some personal information we maintain about Consumers is not sufficiently associated with enough personal information about the Consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular Consumer’s personal information (e.g., clickstream data tied only to a pseudonymous browser ID). As required by the CCPA, we do not include that personal information in response to Verifiable Consumer Requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify Consumer PI that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your California Consumer privacy rights requests. We will typically not charge a fee to fully respond to your requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act upon a request, if your request is excessive, repetitive, unfounded, or overly burdensome.
For your specific pieces of information, as required by the CCPA, we will apply heightened verification standards, which may include a request to provide further information.
You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date:
- The categories of PI we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your PI.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting or selling your PI.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have shared your PI.
- The specific pieces of PI we have collected about you.
- A list of the categories of PI disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12 months, or that no disclosure occurred.
- A list of the categories of PI sold about you in the prior 12 months, or that no sale occurred. If we sold your PI, we will explain:
- The categories of your PI we have sold.
- The categories of third parties to which we sold PI, by categories of PI sold for each third party.
You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, of your PI that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining.
Please note that PI is retained by us for various time periods, so we may not be able to fully respond to what might be relevant going back 12 months prior to the request.
Except to the extent we have a basis for retention under CCPA, you may request that we delete your PI that we have collected directly from you and are maintaining. Note also that we are not required to delete your PI that we did not collect directly from you.
You may alternatively exercise more limited control of your PI by instead exercising one of the following more limited opt-outs, including unsubscribing from email newsletters.
We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of good or service, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale and retention and use of your PI as permitted by the CCPA that can, without limitation, result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels.
The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. Please note that participating in incentive programs is entirely optional, you will have to affirmatively opt-in to the program and you can opt-out of each program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the ongoing incentives) prospectively by following the instructions in the applicable program description and terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above so check them regularly.
Our Notice to Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of certain “covered information” collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and we don’t have plans to sell this information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
1. Controller of your Personal Data
Our representative with respect to the GDPR can be contacted at email@example.com.
2. Legal Bases for Using Personal Data
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
|Purposes for which we will process the information||Legal Basis for the processing|
|To provide products and services you request.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support.||It is necessary for us to respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support in order to take steps at your request or according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To offer you products and services in marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you.||We may send electronic marketing communications to you if you have consented to these communications. It is in our legitimate interest to market out products and services to you by other means and to direct you to portions of this Site or other websites that we believe may interest you. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions||We will send electronic communications to you if you have consented to these communications. With respect to other communications, it is in our legitimate interest to communicate to you and administer your participation in, our events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications.||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data).||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties.||We will serve you advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities if you have consented to this processing.|
|To enable our affiliates or service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf;||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our service providers and affiliates to perform certain activities on our behalf. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To notify you of any changes to the Website that may affect you.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; and
In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation)
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
|Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
3. International Transfers
Some of our processing of your data will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of our external third-party service providers are also based outside of the EEA, and their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. This includes the United States. Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including when appropriate entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal data.
4. Retention of Personal Data
5. Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
Leisure and Trip Cookie Disclosure
|Provider||Name of cookie||Purpose||Type||Duration|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||2 Years|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||24 Hours|
|Google Analytics||_gat_||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|Dotdash||TMog||Dotdash client id – Used to identify unique browsers||Persistent||68 Years|
|Dotdash||Mint||Dotdash session id – Used to identify all activity within a session||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|Dotdash||ds_ab||AB Testing segmentation information||Session|
|Google (GTM/GA)||_dc_gtm_||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|SailThru||sailthru_pageviews||Page view count by user on site||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|SailThru||sailthru_content||Tracks recent pageviews for visitor||Persistent||1 Hour|
|SailThru||sailthru_visitor||Client Id||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Google DFP||__gads||Ad targeting||Persistent||2 Years|
|gsScrollPos-||Scroll position tracker||Session|
|Bounce Exchange||bounceClientVisitv||Client tracking information||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Lotame||crwdcntrl.net||Maintain ads and personalization profile||Persistent||9 Months|
To help us maintain the resources needed to create the quality content you deserve, we accept advertisements on our Site.
We greatly value transparency and hope that this policy leaves you feeling even more confident about the content and service we provide.
We maintains a distinct separation between advertising and editorial content.
- All advertising or sponsored content on Leisure and trip is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- Editorial content on leisure and trip is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and/or identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored”, or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Ecommerce and Affiliate Links Disclosure.
Contributors and/or leisure and trip may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate marketing programs, including purchases made through links to leisure and trip’s e-commerce partners, if any. Pages on the Site containing affiliate marketing links, including product reviews, will be demarcated and/or identified with a disclaimer.
These advertising guidelines (“Guidelines”) set forth standards that govern the placement and display of advertisements and sponsored content (collectively, “Ads”) by any advertiser, agency, or advertising technology platform (collectively, “Advertisers”). Advertisers must adhere to these Guidelines when placing Ads, including Ads purchased under the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, on websites or mobile properties owned or controlled by About, Inc., including leisureandtrip.com (collectively, “leisure and trip”).
These Guidelines are intended to provide general parameters for Advertisers in connection with Ad creative and content served on Leisureandtrip.com.
They are not exhaustive and do not address every situation or issue that may arise in the course of business. Accordingly, these Guidelines are subject to change from time to time in Leisure and trip sole and absolute discretion.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosures, endorsements, privacy, and data security.
All Ad’s must be fair, truthful, and clearly distinguishable from editorial content. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring all Ads and related claims are adequately substantiated.
Further, Advertisers must adhere to Leisureandtrip.com Prohibited Content Guidelines and Additional Standards set forth below, which are incorporated into and made a part of these Guidelines.
Ads served through networks or exchanges are reviewed on a regular basis and, in addition to any other remedies leisure and trip may have, Leisure and trip reserves the right to remove, without notice, any Ads that do not meet these Guidelines, regardless of whether the Ad was previously accepted by Leisureandtrip.com.
Ads may not contain or promote the following:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco. Ads may not promote illegal drugs, illegal substances, abuse of prescription drugs, use of Alcohol (except for beer and wine), or tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia thereto. Lawful products and services which promote quitting tobacco related products are permitted.
- Weapons/Violence. Ads may not promote the use, distribution, or making of firearms, ammunition, explosives, pyrotechnics or other weapons. Ads may not promote violence, cruelty, or physical or emotional harm to any person or animal.
- Illegal Activities/Gambling. Ads may not promote any illegal or other questionable activities which may be illegal in one or more jurisdictions, including without limitation hacking, counterfeiting, or other activities that may violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights of others. Ads may not contain or promote content related to scams, financial schemes, pyramid schemes or other fraudulent or illegal financial or investment opportunities. Ads may not promote casinos, gambling, betting, numbers games, sports or financial betting. Ads promoting state lotteries are permitted.
- Hate/Intolerance/Discrimination. Ads may not contain or promote hate speech, personal attacks, or discrimination toward any individual, group, country or organization.
- Obscenity/Indecency/Profanity. Ads may not contain or promote any obscene, indecent, profane or offensive words, images, sounds, videos or other content.
- Political/Religious. Ads may not contain hostile, offensive, inflammatory or hateful speech related to political or religious topics or groups. Ads may not exploit controversial political, social, or religious issues for commercial purposes.
- Sexual/Adult Content. Ads may not include full or partial nudity, depictions of people in explicit positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads will not contain text or images exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts or lewd and lascivious behavior. Ads may not promote escort, dating, erotic massage, pornography, or other sexual products or services.
- Disparagement/Defamation. Ads may not contain disparaging or defamatory information or content which tends to harm the reputation of Leisure and Trip or any other individual, group, or organization.
- Gross Depictions. Ads may not contain or promote content that is crude, vulgar, degrading or likely to shock or disgust.
- Militant/Extremism. Ads may not contain or promote extremely aggressive and combative behaviors or unlawful political measures, including individuals or groups advocating violence as a means to achieve their goals.
- Sensitive Content. Ads may not target sensitive categories such as financial status, medical conditions, mental health, criminal record, political affiliation, age, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sexual behavior or orientation, or trade union membership.
- Free Goods/Services. Ads may not distribute or promise to distribute any free goods and services.
- Targeted at Children. Ads may not specifically target children, including through cartoons or other similar content.
- UnverifiableClaims. Ad’s may not make confusing claims that reasonable consumers cannot readily understand and evaluate.
- Before/After Images. Ad may not depict “before and after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Health/Safety Claims. Ads may not promote actions likely to harm one’s health, such as bulimia, anorexia, binge drinking, or drug use. Ads may not make health claims that are not clearly substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate their products’ claims.
- Misleading/False/Deceptive: Ads may not contain any information or content that is potentially misleading, false, or deceptive, including content which is meant to deceptively generate clicks such as fake “close” buttons.
- Competitive to leisure and trip /Affiliates. Ads may not promote direct competitors of leisure and trip.
Advertisers and Ads must adhere to the following:
- Audio/Animation. Ads may not include overly disruptive audio or animation that plays automatically.
- Popups/Downloads. Ads may not include lead ads, floating layers, pop-ups, surveys, or any digital downloads.
- Malicious Software. Ads may not contain malicious code, software or viruses, including malware, spyware, adware, stealware, or Trojan horses.
- Separation. Ads must contain clear boarders and be displayed so they are unmistakably not part of Leisure and Trip editorial site content.
- Phishing. Ads may not trap or trick a user into providing money or any account, personal or other sensitive information.
- Compatibility. Ads must function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major Internet browsers.
- Independence. Ads may not appear to compromise or influence Leisure and trip editorial independence from Advertisers.
- Endorsements. Ads may not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by lrisure and trip of any product, service or organization.
- Landing Pages. Landing pages associated with Ads must correspond to the Ad’s “call to action” and not engage in “bait and switch”.
- Proprietary Rights. Ads may not violate any copyright, trademark, trade-secret, patent, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights of Leisure and Trip or any third party. Advertisers may not alter or interfere with the readability or display of any Leisure and Trip trademarks, service marks, logos, designs or slogans.
- Data Collection/Use. Ads may not include open-box forms to register users or collect any data. Ads may not collect and sell or license any data or mailing lists regarding Leisure and Trip users without Leisure and Trip express permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Leisure and Trip users or place any cookies, applets or other similar files, if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to Advertisers, on desktop computers or mobile devices of Leisure and Trip users. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data which they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.